Department of Intelligence Science and Technology
Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
|Email:|| rodrigo [at] verschae [dot] org
- [New affiliation] I am with the Matsuyama Lab, working on distributed coordination and mode scheduling within the context of the i-Energy project.
- The book chapter I co-authored (titled "Thermal Face Recognition in Unconstrained Environments using histograms of LBP Features") is now available: part of the Springer book Local Binary Patterns: New Variants and Applications (also at Amazon).
- I presented my work on "Multiclass Weak Classifiers in Boosted-Cascade Based Object Detection" at the ICML workshop on Learning with Test-Time Budgets
- I attended the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML'13)
- Invited talk at SCIAN-lab ( Laboratory for Scientific Image Analysis) at Medical School of the University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
- I presented my work on object detection at XEROX Research Center Europe (XRCE) [pdf]
- Our manuscript entitled "Bender: A General-Purpose Social Robot with Human-Robot Interaction Abilities" was accepted at Journal of Human-Robot Interaction (JHRI). Available here
- I presented a Tutorial on Object Detection at the IEEE RAS Summer School on "Robot Vision and Applications".
- I was general co-chair of the IEEE RAS Summer School on "Robot Vision and Applications" that took place at Santiago, Chile in December, 2012
- I attended ECCV'12, and I presented a paper at the BEFIT workshop
- I presented a paper on Multiclass object detection at ISVC'2012, Crete, Greece
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, working in the i-Energy project at the Matsuyama Lab.
I received a Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering (Universdad de Chile, 2010), a M.Sc. in Applied Mathemathics (Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS) de Cachan, France, 2006), an Electrical Engineering degree (Universidad de Chile, 2003), and a Bachelor in Computer Engineering degree (Universidad de Chile, 2002).
I have been a Postdoctoral Researcher (principal researcher of the FONDECYT Grant N. 3120218) at the Advanced Mining Technoology Center (AMTC), Universidad de Chile, (2011-2013), a visiting foreing researcher (7 months, Becaschile Grant) at the Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Japan (2011), a research fellow at the NDRC, Kyutech, Japan (2009-2010), an associated researcher at the Fraunhofer IPK-Institute, Berlin, Germany (2004-2005), and a research collaborator of the Center for Web Research at Universidad de Chile (2004).
My current research interests include: computer vision, machine learning, pattern recognition, coordination and distributed systems, object detection and recognition, and scene interpretation. I have participated in international projects, developed algorithms for large scale industrial systems, and at age 35 (2013), I am an active researcher with over 45 publications in international conferences and journals.